Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Keurig Coffee Creativeness!


Just a bonus little "recipe" for you guys.  One of the best recent inventions is that of the single cup Keurig coffee brewer and their WIDE selection of K-cups.  They have over 200 varieties of K-cups!  And you have the option of having your own K-cup to fill with whatever coffee grounds you already have at your home.  If you are unfamiliar with a Keurig, it is a machine with a water-filled reservoir with a compartment to put these little cups that have a different kind of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate in it.  You put the K-cup in the compartment and choose whether you want a 6oz, 8oz, 12oz, etc mug filled.  They even have iced varieties available.  Each Keurig system has different features so you can find the one that fits you best.  I happened to get mine for Mother's Day in 2011 along with a Margaritaville machine!  I can actually combine the use of the two in making some delicious copycat Starbucks Frappuccinos...more on that later when the weather warms up :) You can even use the Keurig to dispense hot water in your desired amount for instant oatmeal, packets of instant hot cocoa, etc.

One morning, I got a little creative with my Keurig and thought I would share with you guys what I made.  I basically made my version of a caramel macchiato with supplies I had in my kitchen (minus the frothed foamy milk) but I hope you guys get the idea.  I happened to have a Starbucks Breakfast Blend K-cup that I used for this creation, but you can use what you have.  Any regular brew will do, and a flavored K-cup would give it a little more pizazz! Get creative with your Keurigs, or even your regular coffee, in the mornings when you have the house to yourself or during the weekend when everyone else is still asleep.  Take time to smell your coffee, to actually enjoy and savor each sip.  Enjoy!

Caramel Coffee Deliciousness
  • 1 Starbucks Breakfast Blend K-cup
  • Half and half
  • 2 teaspoons of sugar
  • Approximately 1 Tablespoon fat-free caramel dip
  • Whipped cream in a can
  • Ground cinnamon

Prepare the K-cup on the 8oz setting.  Add sugar and half-and-half to taste.  Add caramel and stir until the caramel is dissolved.  Top with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment